Senior Product Designer
Machine learning is eating the world. At PathAI, we're applying it in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. For us, it's early days – we have some unique and important design challenges to solve, and recognize that design and UX will ultimately be critical to everything we're doing.
We're looking for an experienced product designer to join our team and help wrangle some of these challenges. If you're the right candidate, you'll flex all your design muscles:
- Dive into research mode, working with our customers and clinicians to inform product ideas and test our work
- Sweat the details throughout the interaction, making sure our interface supports efficient and accurate use of our tools, and a clear understanding of the data and insights we present
- Pull together a prototype, which you'd use for testing and for informing the implementation
- Articulate complex ideas, both verbally and written, to build a shared understanding and drive decisions
- Get a handle on constraints, some of which are medical, some regulatory, without sacrificing a great experience
- Make it beautiful, since attractive things often work better too
- Understand the technologies – and at least a slice of the research – that brings it all together
It's not always sexy, but it's powerful, important, and rewarding work you'll be doing every day.
Great designers come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You've been around the block a more than a couple times, typically via four or more years of work in this field.
- A bachelors degree, preferably in a related field like human-computer interaction, computer science, graphic or industrial design, or social sciences like sociology and psychology.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak design-thinking shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.